Fire brigade days
Mrs. Hamke recalls
Mrs. Dohm recalls
Mrs. Zimmer reported
Mr. Kramer reported
Mr. Didwißus reported
Mrs. Runge reported
With excerpts from chronicle

 



 





Like under "Parishes" mentioned is not the Ev.-luth. Church in Bosau, but the in Sarau
for us responsibly.



As introduction



Matth. 5: Now when he saw the crowds, he went up on a mountainside and sat down … and says:

3 Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.





Church Glasau - Sarau

In 2008 





          In the pastor office was taken a narrowly examination into the
          different annals of the parish. Parish priest woman Dr. Schlapkohl
          explained 2008 the partial already old daybook [journals], clear the
          proofs contained baptismal lists, confirmation lists, marriage
          lists and burial lists. Besides became from 1900 and is led
          furthermore a general church chronicle, in that the pastors them
          before various on the regional level relevant appearing holding on.
          In the chronicle there is per village extra chapter [sides]. If one
          segment is filled with writing, another sheet is stuck or a later
          side is selected to the continuation.





Church chronicle

So it looks like 





          In such a way, as already, e. g. known from our village chronicle, early
          the text is written down in an old-German fracture, which cannot be read
          by us or next future generation without knowledge. In our case only the
          registrations are of interest to our village Liensfeld; see below from
          page 33:





   




          Like one from above mentioned facsimile already is seen, the transference
          of the text is exceptionally difficult in legibility. Neither the pastor office
          nor the older in our villagers see themselves in the situation, to read the
          original text. This is not in “Office writing” a written, how did it would
          make sense, because, nevertheless, a chronicle is for the posthumous
          certain, but actually only in such a way, that there the writer is only able to
          do reading merely ? The church chronicle property readably is led this
          year of course, partly even in block letters. Merely the experience from
          the chronicle seminar [cf. “Blog to site”] permitted it, the text for web
          site in possibly [without prejudice] to reconstruct like follows:





Some contents

[Undated. Page 2] Vizelin’s 1st sermon site in the parish Glasau-Sarau the Lietberg [Liet mountain] should have been to the east of Liensfeld [about 1150]. Besides, this village name is explained as an abbreviation by Vizelin field. A Slavic explanation is possible, however, also: Liensfeld = flax field (linen). Nevertheless, this first sermon site was not crowned by a church as it might have lain in the original plan of Vizelin. Then this happened by the vigorous intervention ready to make sacrifices of the knight hood of Glasau [… then in Sarau].


Scanty manifestation kept up to the present [of the chronicler at that time] with the mighty count's gender of those of Rastleben. Proudly her castle on the Lietberg towered to the east of Liensfeld, which Vizelin to the bearer of his first church had chosen. There one found weapons and other devices from knight hood time. The castle disintegrated… . Today only the small Rastleben lake on the Liensfelder field marks tells of the former magnificence… . A similar sacrificial courage [like the Glasau’s] is not reported to us about men on Rastleben, and her castle had not grown to the storms of the centuries


[From 1910] The villagers Liensfeld: The village Liensfeld encloses five full bigger farms. Nine big and small farms belong further to the village. The whole one encloses from 150 to 170 people in the agriculture. According to the last state the farm is in the possession of the family Schultz, now that of Hans Schwien, with nine children, who lies in order on the way to Klenzau. He was an early farm-hand in Labenz. Now the farm is transferred by old Franck on [his son or name equality] to Julius Franck (a school friend) [of the pastor?] . More in the north above the hills are the Hufner [old name “Hufner” for farmer] Dittrich, Apitz, Leißner, Heinrich; there a new residential field with new big barn is for two Hufner, with the following rooms for new workers. Furtheron the farm of land director Schramm has lain before the village in the direction of Klenzau. Further Heinrich Dohm'sche full farm place, a small farm of Steffen and afterwards the heirs of Matthias Detlef Behrens, now grandfather W. H. Behrens, now with widow Anna Behrens with six children. Because of missing brothers and sisters [of the dead?] if the latest son at the age of 16 years had to take over, if necessary with workers. In the row of the house hunters, partially with children, boys and girls: Officer Tamm, butcher Fritz Hecklau, craftsman, two Hufner: Schramm and Storck, with own father. He is a farmer and already ten years with the Liensfel dairy farm, and lives in that house. Because of the schoolhouse – in 1831 built – it was already pointed out on occasion to necessary rebuildings, there after outside openly and [because of] addition of a bath? Rebuilding in the name of the villagers of Liensfeld in 1910 [planned].


The writer from the village knows by people: Own cottager worker [=wk.]. H. Grage, Hermann Burmeister. Common cottage [?] own cottager wk.. H. Dose, Miss. Sophie Lehmkuhl with old grandparents. Land leader countryman Hermann. Own cottager woodsman Hammerich. Hufner of Klees with cottage: Wk. Grümmerich and wk. Benthien. Hufner of Willy Klees with old divisor of Johann Klees. Hufner Heinrich Dohm, old divisor Martin "Manni" Dohm. Wk. Matz. Schmied: Smith Fritz Schramm. Hufner Dohm's cottage: Wk. Karl Schröder and wk. Joachim Bude. Own cottager wk. Behrend (linked with Caroline Wentorf, a diligent church-goer). Half cottager Ricklefs, Hufner H. Block. Cottager Horst Schwarzer. II.-Cottage wk. Witthöft, wk. Steffen, wk. Wurmbke. Own cottager countryman - early shepherds - Landi. Hufner Fritz Schramm with old divisor Schramm, senior Jücking. Own cottager bricklayer Stöver and Werner and Marianne Rönnfeld. Great trade: Shop keeper Ad. Steffen. Ehlers cottage with Ernestine Ehlers. Own cottager officer Tamm with family. Ehlers cottage further: Wk. Zok, Vietzen (partly blank). Hufner Heinrich Ehlers. Own cottager: Tailor Schröder, wk. Hinz. Hufner Finck's cottage with wk. Kloth, wk. Westphal. Own cottager Vamionka. Hufner Julius Finck. Back cottage: Wk. Vietzen (and blank). Own cottager Heinrich Tümke. Cottage in the mountain: Wk. Zohan, O. Runge, wk. Niehmann [?]. Butcher: Steffen. Cottage wk. Vorenfeld, cottage Anders. Own cottager N. Vietzen, Wk. Otto (with O. Runge), wk. Wilhelm (with O. Runge). Cottager bricklayer land director Johann Olitz. In the north castle [?] secretary second lieutenant Fritz Eckstein, with cottage wk. Hartmann. New cottage (1910) coachmen Harichs, wk. Junge, wk. Spurengu [?], and other Hufner: Countryman Fritz Horstmann, Werner Lehmkuhl, countryman Werner Dose. Still: Rademacher, Wulff, villager Imhus [?] and Bartels.


 

[From 1938/39] During the following years the local villages achieved good results, only the accommodation? [?] The official village leader Klees is of the opinion, that if the war aims should be reached absolutely, something must be done for the accommodation, e.g., on the Dohm'schen agriculture, bigger flats. Because where early Hufner Behrens, then Block, where now agriculture, is must be built at the new house of the bricklayer Stöver, immediately, so that at least Hufner Grage (with five sons) finds accomodation. Whether the new working-class flat of shopkeeper Steffen is sufficient [?] is doubtful [?] . To get through the hard land life, a flat is necessary; how for new workers. [Also] second lieutenant Eckstein would welcome it, if immediately three favoured manpower takes up the construction. The whole villagers has taken care of the concern of the Grages. [Because] an old Hufner sells, is one able to do [now] new living space....? [A] new village pond is built in the belt in the south, behind the village. In 1913 has been built there for the second village director, and two sheds were established. [The next registration only in 1958. Well legible, but here not important].


[Final tip] Beside information in the church chronicle to inhabitants of Liensfeld is still interesting to read that earlier some legacies have donated in favour of church and school and occurred fromLarge grande duke casket in select events small allowances. One in former times from Liensfeld of the church donated graphics is not discoverable there apparently any more. [In clips as a rule are web-sided notes].




          By the way: A readable manuscript has made the parish [by pastor Christoffer
          Hesse ret.], in the meantime!





The oldest baptismal register of 1683

Extract  


There the first mention of Liensfeld  




          It appears, that our village has belonged to the parish Sarau –
          regardless of state possession and management borders –
          apparently always. These old daybooks are protected, by the way,
          by copy.



          See to that exemplary too: Erdbuch [Kataster] of 1709





Interior view

In the nave altar side 2008 






          With the opportunity were also balanced the lists
          war fallen from our village in 1914-1918 and 1939-1945
          between specifications in the village chronicle and the
          church chronicle. One comparison with the municipatility
          in Bosau-Hutzfeld is hardly possible; the cellar in the
          city hall has suffered apparently in 1952 a heavy water
          damage, where many old records became a destroyed.
          The indexes of names of the fallen standing position
          in the panel „The village chronicle“.




 

Commemorative tablel 1914-1918 [Names see also village chronicle]



More about our church







          Attention booklet © Dr. Corinna Schlapkohl, Sarau.2010.
          Substription to: kgsarau@googlemail.com




 






          The church municipality enclosed following villages:



SARAU, GLASAU, NEUGLASAU, LIENSFELD, GIESSELRADE, SIBLIN, KIEKBUSCH AND SCHWIENKUHLEN   








Grave sepulch Lietberg





[8]



Move up



Druckbare Version / Printable version

www.dorfgemeinschaft-liensfeld.de